Pacific Plastics IPS Schedule series of PVC pipe is produced for use in above ground applications in which the maximum operating temperature is 140°F. The compound is PVC 1120 Type 1 Grade 1, with a cell class of 12454B, per ASTM D1784.
The Schedule series listed below is produced in strict compliance to ASTM D1785. It is listed with NSF and complies with NSF/ANSI Standard 14 and Standard 61.
Sch40 pipe is installed per ASTM D2855. The joints should conform to ASTM D2672, the solvent cement to ASTM D2564 and the primer to ASTM F656.
Solar Proof UVR Sch40 for use in the above ground applications:
- Sizes 1/2″ – 6″ are produced in Brown color, in 20 foot lengths and Belled End.
- Special addetives are used in the compound to make the pipe Ultra Violet Resistant.
The outside diameter and wall thickness of Sch40 pipe are measured in accordance to ASTM
D2122 and are shown in the following tables:
Size – Inch
OD – Outside Diameter
T – Wall Thickness
C – Approximate Bell Depth
This is to certify that, in this category of PVC pipe, all the products manufactured by Pacific Plastics have been inspected, sampled and tested in accordance with the following specifications and have been found to meet or exceed the requirements of those specifications.
- PVC1120 Type1 Grade1
- Cell Class 12454
- ASTM D1784 Specification for Rigid PVC Compounds
- NSF Listed
- Sch40 Brown for above ground installations
- Solvent Weld Belled End
- ½” – 6″ IPS
- ASTM D1785 Specification for PVC Pipe
- ASTM D2672 Specification for IPS PVC Pipe Joints using solvent cement
- Complies with NSF/ANSI Standard 14
- Complies with NSF/ANSI Standard 61